Friday, April 20, 2012

The Walking Dead


It is no secret that I love horror, gore and zombies. Throw in a drama and I'm sold. The Walking Dead is a mind blowing post zombie apocalypse show that airs on AMC which is based on the comic book series of the same name by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore, and Charlie Adlard.

It starts off with a sheriff's deputy who wakes up from a coma to see that the world has come to a standstill with no human life around. To his horror, it is inhabited by blood thirsty zombies that infect a person with one bite. The story takes place in the Atlanta metropolitan area, where the few human survivors are now looking for a safe place from the hordes of zombies.


Besides gripping action sequences and an intense story line which focus on human relationships, the show also boasts of incredible acting and superb direction. The show has also been critically acclaimed with a Writers Guild of America Award nomination and a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Television Series Drama. The series has also attained strong Nielsen ratings, beating various records for a cable series, including receiving 9 million viewers for its season two finale to become the most-watched basic cable drama telecast in history.

When I started watching it, I was so hooked that I would just watch back to back episodes till sunrise just to know what happens next. I've already recommended to friends and family, and now I request you to just watch the pilot. Thank me later.